The VADCDT Transition Conference is a two-day event focused on providing best-practices that result in a smooth transition from school to adult life for youth with disabilities. Conference attendees come from all over the state of Virginia and include educators, transition specialists, vocational coordinators, service agency representatives, and youth with disabilities and their families.This year’s theme is “Beyond Compliance.”
March 25-26, 2019
Monday, March 25, 2019 – 1:00pm – 6:15pm
Tuesday, March 26, 2019 – 8:00am – 3:30pm
*Detailed agendas will be sent to all who register.
Call for Poster Submissions
At this year’s VA DCDT conference, we will be holding our first ever poster symposium, with a focus on “Beyond Compliance: Innovative Research and Transition Practices for the Successful Education, Employment and Independent Living Outcomes of Diverse Learners.” Our call for proposals window has just opened, and we invite you to spread the word or submit a poster proposal. This is a great opportunity for young scholars, emerging researchers, and innovative practitioners to share the work they have been doing, build new connections, and gain feedback and new ideas. Poster submissions are due by Saturday, February 2, 2019.
Join VADCDT today!
To join VADCDT you must join our parent organization, the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and indicate on the application that you would like to join the DCDT division. Joining DCDT Entitles You to an Array of Benefits
- National, regional, state, provincial, and local conferences that offer the opportunity for continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and leaders in the field of transition.
- Forums to contribute to the field through publications, conferences, and informal meetings.
- Acquire implementation tools and practical strategies that can be applied in individual settings.
- Receipt of research-based and current publications, including:
- Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals (CDTEI) journal providing research-based and practical descriptions of models, programs, and strategies.
- DCDT Network Newsletter providing latest information on legislation, projects, resources materials, and model programs.
Visit the CEC New Member Page for complete information on membership categories and benefits. Remember to check the “Division On Career Development and Transition” when you join!