#VADCDT2019 Conference Program
VADCDT would like to extend a special thanks to #VADCDT2019 sponsors:
The VADCDT Transition Conference is a two-day event focused on providing best-practices that result in a smooth transition from school to adult life for youth with disabilities. Conference attendees come from all over the state of Virginia and include educators, transition specialists, vocational coordinators, service agency representatives, and youth with disabilities and their families.This year’s theme is “Beyond Compliance.”
March 25-26, 2019
Monday, March 25, 2019 – 1:00pm – 6:15pm
Tuesday, March 26, 2019 – 8:00am – 3:30pm
*Detailed agendas will be sent to all who register.
2019 VADCDT Award Nominations
At the 2019 VADCDT Conference, “Beyond Compliance,” we will recognize the VADCDT Youth of the Year, Transition Practitioner of the Year and Employer of the Year. Each awardee will be recognized at the conference on Monday, March 25th. Award recipients will receive a placard and admittance to the Laugh and Learn session held after the awards are given. Awardees will also be recognized on the VADCDT website and social media platforms.
Please submit nominations to VADCDT Vice-President, Jessica Queener (email@example.com) by March 1, 2019.
Join VADCDT today!
To join VADCDT you must join our parent organization, the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and indicate on the application that you would like to join the DCDT division. Joining DCDT Entitles You to an Array of Benefits
- National, regional, state, provincial, and local conferences that offer the opportunity for continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and leaders in the field of transition.
- Forums to contribute to the field through publications, conferences, and informal meetings.
- Acquire implementation tools and practical strategies that can be applied in individual settings.
- Receipt of research-based and current publications, including:
- Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals (CDTEI) journal providing research-based and practical descriptions of models, programs, and strategies.
- DCDT Network Newsletter providing latest information on legislation, projects, resources materials, and model programs.
Visit the CEC New Member Page for complete information on membership categories and benefits. Remember to check the “Division On Career Development and Transition” when you join!