Virginia Division on Career Development and Transition
Register NOW for our Summer 2017 Professional Conference
The VADCDT Transition Conference is a two-day event, with a pre-conference session, focused on providing best-practices practices that result in a smooth transition from school to adult life for youth with disabilities. Conference attendees come from all over the state of Virginia and include educators, transition specialists, vocational coordinators, service agency representatives, and youth with disabilities and their families.
When: June 8-9, 2017
Thursday, June 8, 2017 – (1:00pm-7:00pm) & Friday, June 9, 2017- (8:00am- 3:30pm)
Where: Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Address: 990 Hilton Heights Rd. Charlottesville, VA 22901
Registration Cost: $40.00
Become a Vendor or Sponsor for this conference! VADCDT has various sponsor levels to meet all interested. Please email Mr. Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions.
Join VADCDT today!
To join VADCDT you must join our parent organization, the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and indicate on the application that you would like to join the DCDT division. Joining DCDT Entitles You to an Array of Benefits
- National, regional, state, provincial, and local conferences that offer the opportunity for continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and leaders in the field of transition.
- Forums to contribute to the field through publications, conferences, and informal meetings.
- Acquire implementation tools and practical strategies that can be applied in individual settings.
- Receipt of research-based and current publications, including:
- Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals (CDTEI) journal providing research-based and practical descriptions of models, programs, and strategies.
- DCDT Network Newsletter providing latest information on legislation, projects, resources materials, and model programs.
Visit the CEC New Member Page for complete information on membership categories and benefits. Remember to check the “Division On Career Development and Transition” when you join!