The VADCDT Transition Conference is a two-day event focused on providing best-practices that result in a smooth transition from school to adult life for youth with disabilities. Conference attendees come from all over the state of Virginia and include educators, transition specialists, vocational coordinators, service agency representatives, and youth with disabilities and their families.This year’s theme is “Beyond Compliance.”
March 11 & 12, 2018
Monday, March 11, 2019 – 1:00pm – 7:00pm
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 – 8:00am – 3:30pm
*Detailed agendas will be sent to all who register.
Join VADCDT today!
To join VADCDT you must join our parent organization, the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and indicate on the application that you would like to join the DCDT division. Joining DCDT Entitles You to an Array of Benefits
- National, regional, state, provincial, and local conferences that offer the opportunity for continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and leaders in the field of transition.
- Forums to contribute to the field through publications, conferences, and informal meetings.
- Acquire implementation tools and practical strategies that can be applied in individual settings.
- Receipt of research-based and current publications, including:
- Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals (CDTEI) journal providing research-based and practical descriptions of models, programs, and strategies.
- DCDT Network Newsletter providing latest information on legislation, projects, resources materials, and model programs.
Visit the CEC New Member Page for complete information on membership categories and benefits. Remember to check the “Division On Career Development and Transition” when you join!