Notice of Public Comment Period
The Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) and Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) will welcome public comment regarding the submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) amendments to the following 1915(c) Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid Waivers: Intellectual Disability (ID); Individual and Family Developmental Disability (DD) Supports; Day Support (DS).
Virginia has partnered with stakeholders and national experts to transform the Medicaid Intellectual and Developmental Disability (I/DD) waiver system. The intent of the amendments is to offer waiver services designed to assure that people with disabilities have the supports needed to live lives of quality and meaning integrated in the community. The amendments:
- Achieve consistency, equity, quality and accountability across waivers;
- Unify eligibility implementing a single DD eligibility criterion;
- Implement one process to qualify for and access I/DD supports;
- Provide services and funding based on individual needs; and,
- Include new services that create more choices and opportunity.
The amendments include changes to the waiver names. The changes, and links to the amended waiver applications, are as follows:
- ID Waiver becomes the Community Living Waiver
- DD Waiver becomes the Family and Individual Supports Waiver
- DS Waiver becomes the Building Independence Waiver